Food and Dairy
5 Balston Products Food and Dairy Companies Need
1. Culinary Steam Filters
- Eradicates nonvolatile boiler feedwater additives.
- Blocks boiler feedwater chemicals from carrying over.
- Meets government standards in US and Canada, including the Health Protection Branch of Health and Welfare Canada, USFDA, USDA and 3-A Sanitary Standards.
- Eliminates over 98% of micron particles and all visible particles.
Balston Steam Filters provide a clean and long lasting flow of steam, air and other gasses that come into contact with food. Our filters are resistant to deterioration, provide a sterile source of culinary grade steam, and meet government standards in the U.S. and Canada for meat, poultry, milk, alcoholic and non-alcoholic liquids. Numerous food and beverage manufacturers currently use Balston Steam Filters to increase productivity and improve quality while achieving regulatory compliance.
2. Sterile Air Filters
- Removes organisms from machinery.
- Eliminates particulate contamination and all moisture.
- Complies with FDA and USDA standards.
- Resists corrosion with stainless steel housing.
- Versatile and applicable to many industries.
Balston Sterile Air Filters extend the life of pneumatically operated equipment used in the food industry, ensuring usage for years to come. The uniquely crafted design and stainless steel construction prevent expensive equipment from deteriorating and corroding prematurely. Food processing plants, chemical plant refiners, pulp and paper mills, and many other industries use our filters to prolong equipment life.
3. Cabinet Dryers
- Specially crafted for hot wash down areas.
- Prevents electrical materials in cabinets from moisture and humidity damage.
- Requires no electricity and costs pennies to operate.
- Simple maintenance and installation.
Eliminating contamination is critical for the meat and dairy industries. Each night, food preparation areas must be thoroughly cleaned in compliance with regulatory standards. Typically plants use high-pressure sanitizers heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. This is highly effective for some areas, but exceptionally hard on the electronic controls housed in water-tight NEMA 4x Cabinets. Eventually the cabinets leak, moisture reaches the components and the machinery fails. Balston Cabinet Dryers purge condensation from the cabinets’ insides using extremely dry air to safeguard vital components from moisture and humidity. The machinery lasts without product failures, saving your organization from unnecessary maintenance and upkeep.
4. Nitrogen Gas Generation
- Delivers up to 99.95% pure and commercially sterile nitrogen from almost any source of compressed air.
- Removes costly gas cylinders from the food packaging process.
- Eliminates unwanted, costly shutdowns resulting from bad gas cylinders.
- Offers an additional layer of food shelf life protection with built-in oxygen monitoring.
While essential to life, in food manufacturing, oxygen causes decay. With Balston Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) and Membrane Nitrogen Gas Generators, food manufacturers have the sterile nitrogen source needed to maintain food freshness by prohibiting oxygen contamination. Used for packaging and blanketing oil tanks, Balston Generators provide up to 99.95% nitrogen from standard compressed air. The effect? Fewer food impurities and longer shelf life for food products. For years, food industry manufacturers have used Balston Nitrogen Gas Generators to eliminate the financial drain and reputation threats of product recalls, and minimize unnecessary food waste.
5. CAMTU (Bacteria testing and monitoring device)
- Easy-to-use with a lightweight and ergonomic design.
- Durable polypropylene construction is easily sanitized.
- Pre-filled petri dishes contain tryptic soy agar and stand up to compressed air flow/pressure.
- Requires no electrical supply.
- Shelf-stable petri dishes need no refrigeration and offer a 30-day shelf life.
- Fast sampling time of only 20 seconds.
The food industry uses compressed air at almost every phase: food processing, cutting, sparging, drying, transporting and packaging. Unfortunately, air can carry impurities, and even miniscule contamination can compromise product color, taste and shelf life. Worse yet, bacteria and other microorganisms can spur costly and reputation-threatening product recalls. Food manufacturers need an easy way to test for impurities and bacteria, and the Balston Compressed Air Microbial Test Unit (CAMTU) is a perfect choice.
Need a wise solution for your organization? Contact Plantwide or call us at (651)351-0840.